LS Manufacturing UK Ltd T/A Thorndale Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions ("Agreement") carefully: they govern your use of the website www.thorndale.co.uk ("Website") and they apply to any purchases made by you, and any sale made by us, of the items described on this Website. If you do not wish to be bound by this Agreement, you must not use the Website or order any items from us.
In this Agreement, Thorndale, "we", "our" and "us" means L S Manufacturing UK Ltd T/A Thorndale , whose principal office is at Sidney Street Wolverhampton, WV4 6HL "User" and "you" means any user of the Website including any User who makes a purchase through the Website (a "Buyer").
2.1 Buyers must be over 18 years old and have full legal capacity.
2.2 We reserve the right to modify this Agreement. The Agreement in force at the time an order is accepted will govern any particular order. In the event that we make any amendment to this Agreement which is materially detrimental to you, we will ensure that the amendment does not become effective for at least one month after the change is made.
2.3 We will keep a record of this Agreement and dates of any changes made and we recommend that you print and keep a copy of this Agreement.
You are able to navigate through the Website without going through the registration process but we require you to complete the on-line registration form to become a registered member before an order can be made through the Website.
4. Placing an order
4.1 To place an order, you should select the required item(s) and add to your basket by clicking on the 'Buy this product' link. You can review the selected item(s) at any time by clicking on the 'Basket' link. Once you have completed your shopping, please click on the 'Proceed to payment' link.
4.2 You must confirm your delivery address to access the purchase order, which contains a summary of the information related to the item(s) ordered, quantity, price, total and your other details along with the delivery address. It is your responsibility to notify us if any of the information is incorrect. Giving false information may result in the rejection of the order.
4.3 Each order constitutes a separate transaction and we are not able to consolidate separate transactions into a single order or delivery. If you would like to order multiple items for delivery at the same time, you must ensure that all of these appear on the same order before you confirm your order.
4.4 Your placing of an order is an offer by you to purchase an item and is subject to acceptance by us. Orders shall be accepted at our sole discretion but are normally accepted if the item(s) is/are available, the order reflects current pricing, you are based in a country to which we are currently able to sell/deliver and your credit/debit card is authorized for the transaction.
4.5 In the event that an item is out of stock, you will be informed as soon as practically possible. The order relating to the unavailable item will be cancelled or an alternative will be offered or a full refund will be made including any delivery charges. Where your order is for multiple items, the rest of the order will remain valid.
5. Pricing and Payment
5.1 All items are priced in pounds sterling (GBP) and are exclusive of: (i) overseas delivery charges which will be indicated to you during the ordering process and (ii) any customs and import charges applicable to your delivery address. UK delivery charges are inclusive in the price.
5.2 We reserve the right to modify our prices at any time but any change in price will be communicated to you prior to delivery of the items.
5.3 Once you have reviewed your order and provided the required personal details, you will be required to click on 'Checkout' to pay by card. Payment by card will be processed through the electronic payment terminal of Sage Pay. The Sage Pay website is an accredited certification service provider, to protect the confidential details provided for payment. The User's payment details are transferred directly to the bank, which also operates under a secure SSL encryption.
5.4 In the event that payment cannot be made in accordance with section 5.3, the order will not be processed and will automatically be cancelled. If you have already received any items, you must return those items to us in the same condition that you received them at your own expense. If you fail to do so within 7 days of our cancelling your order, we may arrange for collection of the items at your expense. We reserve the right to charge you for any damage to (or other adverse interference with) any items that are the subject of an order that we cancel in accordance with this section.
6. Acceptance of your order
6.1 Your offer to purchase an item is accepted by us and a contract of sale between us is formed only on the later of: (a) the receipt by us of cleared funds from you in full payment for the item(s) (including any applicable taxes and delivery costs); and (b) our written confirmation of your order (whether by a dispatch confirmation email or otherwise).
6.2 Once the payment has been accepted, the order cannot be amended.
6.3 We will confirm receipt of your order to the email address you provide at the time of ordering. It is recommended that you retain the email or print out the confirmation of the order.
7. Delivery, risk and ownership
7.1 All items will be delivered to the address specified in your order. However, there are some countries to which we are unable to deliver, please check the Website for a list of those countries.
7.2 All items will be delivered to the address specified in your order.
7.3 Following the shipment of the order from us, you will receive an e-mail confirming the dispatch of your parcel. The parcel will usually be delivered to you within three working days of the e-mail confirming dispatch..
7.4 All risk in the items you order (including risk of loss and/or damage to the items) shall pass to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order.
7.5 You will only own the items once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment for them in full. Until that time we will retain title to the items.
8. Failed Delivery
8.1 If you are not present at the time of delivery, a delivery note will be left inviting you to contact the courier directly in order to arrange re-delivery at a convenient time. If you are not in when a second delivery attempt is made, another note will be left asking you to call to arrange a convenient time for delivery. If you are not in when a third attempt is made, the parcel will be returned to the courier's warehouse and you will be contacted. We will refund you for the value of the items ordered but not for the delivery charge.
8.2 If after five working days following notification of the tracking number, you have not received the parcel or a delivery note, you must contact our Customer Service team on firstname.lastname@example.org. If the parcel is found, it will be sent to you immediately. In the event that the parcel has been lost, we will refund the total amount of the order including delivery costs.
9. Faulty or incorrectly delivered items
9.1 We take care when dispatching orders but we recommend that when you receive your order, you carefully check the item(s) received. Any problem with the order should be notified to our Customer Service team as soon as possible.
9.2 You must return any incorrectly delivered or faulty item(s) to us as soon as possible and at the latest within 30 days of receipt of the item, and we will refund the cost of you doing so.
9.3 We will provide a full refund including delivery costs for a faulty or missing item or, where requested by you, we can send a replacement item subject to availability.
10. Cancellation and returns policy
10.1 If you purchase an item from us then, subject to section 10.3, you have the right to cancel your order within 7 working days of receiving the item. To do so, you must notify our Customer Services team on email@example.com within those 7 working days. You will then be entitled to a refund from Thorndale which will be paid as soon as possible, but in any event within 30 days.
10.2 If you cancel your order with us, you must return any items to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, at your own cost. If you return any items, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them in transit and we reserve the right to charge you for any such loss or damage.
10.3 If the items were made to your specifications, or are clearly personalized, you will not have the right to cancel your order.
10.4 If you are not happy with your purchase, simply complete the form contained in your parcel and return the item, along with the completed form, to us within fourteen days of receiving your parcel (except where you are returning it because it is incorrectly delivered, or faulty, in which case see section 9).
10.5 You must return the item(s) in the same condition in which you received them, with their original packaging. You are asked to take reasonable care with the items and in the case of an item with a hygiene seal; you are required not to remove the seal when examining the item.
10.6 Any return carried out (other than for faulty items or items delivered incorrectly by us) will be at your own expense.
Returns are free within the UK and to arrange a return please contact us by email or telephone to get your return label sent to you.
Telephone: 01902 711823 (lines open Mon-Fri 8am-5pm)
Please fill in the form attached to your invoice and place inside the parcel before you return your order.
Without the completed form (we would accept a letter to state the reason of return and the exchange or refund you require) we cannot process the return.
Unfortunately, we do not cover the costs of international returns, so please lease with a convenient carrier to arrange the return.
Please return to the address below:
Thorndale C/O LS Manufacturing, Sidney Street, Wolverhampton, WV2 4HL
As soon as we have received and progressed your return, we will send you a confirmation email and either replace or refund your purchase.
In the unlikely event that you’re returned items come back in an unsuitable condition, We may have to decline the return.
11. Access to the Website and content
11.1 We are continually reviewing the items available on the Website, so specifications or design changes may be made at any time. We shall use reasonable commercial endeavours to keep the Website up to date but information and specifications given are for your information only and are subject to change without notice.
11.2 We try to ensure that pictures of the items on the Website are as accurate as possible, but there are technical limitations and slight variations in colour and texture between the pictures and the items themselves must be expected.
11.3 We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to the Website, but access may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
11.4 The Website may include links to other websites or material, which are beyond our control. We are not responsible for access to and content on the Internet, or any site other than the Website.
11.5 If we reasonably believe that you have acted inconsistently with this Agreement through your use of the Website, we may take all or any of the following actions: (a) immediate, suspension (temporary) or termination (permanent) withdrawal of your right to use the Website, without notice to you; (b) issue a warning to you; (c) disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary; (d) commence legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs resulting from your act; (e) commence further legal action against you; or (f) take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
12.1 We will use reasonable skill and care in fulfilling any order for an item placed by you which is accepted by us. We warrant that the items shall meet their specification and shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of delivery. However, we exclude all other representations, warranties, conditions and terms with regard to the Website and our products whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12.2 We will take all reasonable care to keep your order secure, but in the absence of our sole negligence we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorized access to any data (including credit and account details) you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
12.3 We shall not be liable to you or in breach of this Agreement for delay or failure to perform if the delay or failure is due to a cause beyond our reasonable control ("Event"). We will contact you within five days of any relevant Event in order to discuss possible alternatives for the performance of the Agreement. If the Event lasts for more than thirty days, your order will be deemed to be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
12.4 We shall not be liable to you in connection with this Agreement in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss arising out of any Event (as defined in section 12.3) or any internet, network or virus problem, or for any loss of profit, revenue, anticipated savings or data (in each case whether direct or indirect), or for any indirect loss.
12.5 Our aggregate liability to you in connection with this Agreement whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall not exceed the value of the items ordered by you.
12.6 Notwithstanding anything else in this Agreement, we accept unlimited liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence and in respect of any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
13. Statutory rights
This Agreement does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
14. E-mail, user name and password
14.1 E-mails to you shall be to the address you specify to us. It is important that you give us an accurate and valid e-mail address and tell us of any changes to it.
14.2 The user name and password you are issued with are personal to you and are not transferable. You are responsible for the use of your user name and password and maintaining their confidentiality. Any breach or suspected breach of security of a user name or password must be notified to us immediately. You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your user name and password and for any payments due for items ordered through the Website by anyone using your user name and password. We have the right to disable your user name and/or password at any time if in our opinion you have failed to comply with this Agreement.
14.3 In the event of a forgotten password you can obtain a new one by clicking on the link 'Forgotten your password'. A new password will be sent to you by e-mail.
14.4 Our aggregate liability to you in connection with this agreement shall not exceed the value of the items ordered by you.
14.5 Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions, we accept unlimited liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
15. Verification procedure
15.1 In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to use a verification procedure to prevent fraudulent use of the Website. If required, you will be requested to send us (by fax or email) a copy of your ID (e.g. passport) as well as proof of your address for the past 3 months. The order will only be dispatched after we have received and verified these documents.
15.2 We reserve the right to cancel an order and carry out a refund in the event of not receiving the documents or non-conformity of the documents.
15.3 We reserve the right to define the circumstances in which this additional verification will be required.
16. Prohibited uses
16.1 You may use the Website for lawful purposes only. You have sole responsibility for any content or data which you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit using the Website. You may not use the Website in any way which we reasonably consider to be abusive or inappropriate.
16.2 You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, hack into or otherwise disrupt any part of the Website, or knowingly transmit any data, or send or upload any material that contains viruses or any other harmful programs.
16.3 You must not use the Website to transmit, download, upload, view or otherwise use any material which is defamatory or libellous; obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; contains sexually explicit material; promotes violence; promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; infringes any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any person; is threatening, abusive or invades any person's privacy; is likely to harass, upset or alarm any other person; is used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; gives the impression that they emanate from us, if that is not the case; or advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act such as (without limitation) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
17. Intellectual property
17.1 All intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright) in the material contained in the Website (including without limitation all photographs, videos, audio and all other content on the Website), together with the website design, text and graphics and their selection and arrangement and all software compilations, underlying source code and software (including applets) belongs to us, our licensors or the providers of such information. All rights in LS Manufacturing UK Ltd T/A Thorndale are owned by us. All rights are reserved. None of this material may be reproduced or redistributed without our written permission.
17.2 You may retrieve and display the content of the Website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) and print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and proprietary notices.
17.3 You may not reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Website without written permission from us (except as set out in section 17.2).
19. Complaints procedure
We want you to be happy with the service we provide, but if you have a complaint about any aspect of our service, please let us know and we will try to resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently. You can contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
20. Customer service
If you would like to contact our Customer Service team for any reason, please e-mail us at email@example.com
21.1 If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected.
21.2 You may not assign, sub-license, or otherwise transfer any of your rights under this Agreement.
21.3 You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
21.4 A person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have no right under the UK's Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Agreement.
22. Governing law
This Agreement (and any non-contractual disputes arising under it) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, to which both parties submit.
Version: May 2018
This policy sets out the basis on which we collect and process your personal data through your use of our website, and/or signing up for newsletters, competitions and other marketing activities either in-store or online.
Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, if appropriate, notified to you by email so please check this page regularly.
Who we are
Email us at: email@example.com
Write to us at: Thorndale c/o LS Manufacturing UK Ltd, Sidney Street, Wolverhampton. WV2 4HL
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Information you provide to us
You will provide some or all of the following information to us when you purchase goods from our website, register a customer account with us, contact us, or sign up for newsletters and other marketing activities online:
- Your Identity and Contact Details -includes your name, email address, home postal address/billing address, delivery address (if different), and your contact telephone number;
- Your Payment Details - your bank details and payment card details, however your payment transactions will be encrypted by the acquiring bank so we will not retain any payment card details submitted by you;
- Your Profile Data - if you register a customer account, this includes the profile you create to identify yourself when connecting to our website (including your username and password) and other data about purchases and your personal preferences;
- Additional Personal Details - At your option, you can also provide additional personal information to us such as your date of birth, gender, product preferences and interests. This additional information would only be collected and stored by us for the purpose of analysing sales to help us understand and improve our business and for the purpose of any direct marketing which you may have expressly given your consent to.
We do not collect any categories of sensitive personal data and this website is not intended for children so we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
Data protection law in the UK allows us to collect, use, store and transfer personal information if we have one or more of the following purposes for doing so:
- To fulfill a contract with you; or
- Where necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- Where necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests); or
- For other reasons where you have expressly consented to those purposes.
Below are the ways we will use your personal data to fulfill your contract and/or for our legitimate interests:
- Processing your order, including taking payment, supplying products and any after sales services such as cancellations and returns;
- identify verification and credit checking;
- keeping you updated on the progress of your order, we will usually communicate with you about your order by email, but we or our couriers may also contact you by phone;
- where you have registered with us, processing and administering your account;
- processing information required for competition, promotion or survey entries by you;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service if you choose to do so;
- analysing sales to help us understand and improve our business;
- administration, analysis and assessment of our website and its performance, to understand and develop our business and for the improvement and optimisation of our website; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
We need your consent for direct marketing communications. If you have expressly given your consent to receive direct marketing from us, whether via our website, or in store, we may use the information you have given us for:
- delivering direct marketing, advertising and updates from us to you, such as telling you about forthcoming events, products, services and offers and updates and information about us;
- measuring and understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others; and
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website and our Apps about goods or services that may interest you or them.
At any time you can opt out of direct marketing or change your preferences. For further information on how to do this, please see below for ‘Opting out of Marketing and preference updates’
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may share your information with our selected third parties for the purposes referred to above. For example:
- Payment Acquiring Services to process your payment;
- Delivery and Courier Companies to supply your order;
- Credit Reference & Fraud Prevention Agencies for credit checking and identity verification;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website and Apps;
- Build and hosting service providers that help us to maintain the software that runs our website. They provide us with reporting statistics, and serve cookies on our behalf to enable any website personalisation and sign-in functionality. See below for more information on cookies.
- Where you opted in to direct marketing, third party advertisers, affiliate marketing agencies and advertising networks engaged by us to select and serve relevant communications to you on our behalf.
We require all third parties engaged by us to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. Such third parties are only allowed to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions, and not for their own purposes.
OPTING OUT OF MARKETING AND PREFERENCE UPDATES
If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing and updates from Thorndale you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link in the footer of the email. Alternatively you can contact customers services on 01902 711823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a registered online customer you can also opt out and amend your preference settings within your login profile under "My Account".
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our website has appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach.
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you to choose an effective, secure password and not to share your password with anyone.
We recommend only connecting to secure wireless networks that you trust to reduce the risk of unauthorised people intercepting your online activity. Beware of the risks of using public wifi.
If you receive an email purporting to be from Thorndale asking for personal data, please do not respond to the email but please let us know that this has happened so we can check whether the email is genuine.
Please note, whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will keep your data for as long as you are a customer and thereafter we may keep it for longer in order to respond to any questions or complaints and to maintain necessary records to satisfy legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We may also keep your data for research or statistical purposes.
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove or stop using it if there is no need for us to keep it. Please let us know if you think we should not be using it, but please be aware that there may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your information.
Your rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data are briefly summarised below, and you can exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at Thorndale c/o LS Manufacturing UK Ltd, Sidney Street, Wolverhampton. WV2 4HL
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which we will tell you about, if applicable, after receiving your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. You can ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; © where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time if we are relying on your consent to process your personal data (such as direct marketing and cookies). This won’t affect any processing already carried out before you withdraw your consent or processing under other grounds. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data and we try to respond to all requests within one month.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). However, we would appreciate the chance to deal with any concerns you may have before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
If you have any questions or require any more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers. The only cookies we use are related to each connection and are deleted at the end of each visit of the Website.
We will not transfer any personal information relating to you to any country outside of the European Economic Area, without your consent.
Third party sites
Offers and Promotions
- Promotion codes are only valid for orders placed on www.thorndale.co.uk
- Thorndale reserves the right to decline to accept orders where, in its opinion, a promotion code is invalid for the order being placed.
- Promotion codes are only valid on specified products while stocks last and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Only one promotion code can be used per order.
- In promotions where there is a free or half price item when purchasing multiple items, please note that the discount will be applied to the cheapest item.
- In the event of product returns, refunds will be given to the original payment method and once the discount is applied, less any shipping costs charged on the original order.
- In the event of part of the order being returned, the value of the discount applied on that order will be spread between the goods proportionately.
Membership sign up offer
- 15% off the total transaction to be redeemed at the checkout. Discount code will be provided through email after registering.
- This offer can be used once per email sign up and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. Offer is not valid on sale items or other discounted items.